I’ve loved science ever since I can remember.
I have a Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, a master’s in Engineering Physics (concentration: Solid State Physics), and a bachelor’s in Engineering Physics (concentration: electrical engineering.)
As a NASA Graduate Fellow, I worked with NASA on a series of material science microgravity missions that were conducted aboard the Space Shuttle, and I conducted research as a Graduate Fellow with Oak Ridge National Lab on new materials in their Solid State Physics Division.
I switched to life sciences and went into Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. I started a biotech company that developed new tools for discovering drugs to combat drug resistant forms of HIV. I now love researching ways we can fix the body more naturally.
I also am an avid innovator, and have developed concepts for new medical devices, 3D printing technologies, cellular assays, nanotechnologies, sensors, new materials, etc— I have competed against a pool of 350,000 engineers and scientists from around the world and won licenses with private and public entities for further development of ~30 of these technologies. For these awards, I was named a Super Solver. For these awards, I am featured as a Super Solver in the book :”One Smart Crowd” (see below for a partial list of challenges I have won)
I am a Christian and believe that God is the author of all science, mathematics, logic, reason, life, and love.
I have a beautiful wife and 4 wonderful children who I love dearly.
Check out my blog on this site, as well as my books. I think you will find the information interesting and engaging.
I’ve written a book titled, “The Author of Light”, which you can learn more about by —-> CLICKING HERE
If you would like me to speak at your group, organization, or event, please send me an email –> DrDougCorrigan@gmail.com
Partial List of Innovation Challenges I’ve Won:
- Design and Method to Fabricate a 3D Printed Kidney Glomerulus on-a-Chip.
- Use of Microfluidic Pulsed Jets to Produce Artificial Cells.
- Real Time Measurement of Steroid Metabolites in Single Cells.
- Phenotypic Assays for Screening Chemogenomics Libraries.
- Innovative Method for the 3D printing of Cotton Fabric.
- Novel Methodology to 3D Print High-Index Glass at Low Temperatures.
- Nanosensor for Real Time and Sensitive Detection of Volatile Organic Compounds within the Atmosphere.
- Design of a Microarray Assay for Evaluating Biological Efficacy.
- Device and App for Real Time Monitoring of Sleep Apnea.
- Method For Manufacturing Nano-Ordered Magnetic Biphasic Composite Materials
- Design of Artificial Neural Network for Predicting the Global Impact of Climate Shocks.
- Application of Electroactive Polymers to Develop a Tactile Digital Interface for the Visually Impaired.
- Innovative Use of Aragonite as a Neural Biomatrix.
- Method for Producing Flexible and Thin Light Emitting Panels for Residential and Commercial Lighting.
- Design of Game Control System for Disabled Individuals.
- Innovative Method to 3D Print Electrical Wire Harnesses and Connectors.
- Nanoporous Solid Phase Biocatalyst to Increase Mass Transfer Rate of Gas Phase Reactants in a Bioreactor for Fermenting Long-chain Hydrocarbon Biofuels.
- Design of Nanocomposite Coating for Increasing Corona Resistance
- Process to Produce Sterile Food Pellets at Low Temperature.
- Novel Applications of a Smart Shape-Shifting Material.
- Novel Nanoparticle Technology to Protect Hair from Excessive Heat
- Application of Ultrahigh Molecular Weight Polyethylene Tape for Wind Turbines.
- New Cleaning Technique – Supersonic Steam Jet Carpet Cleaner.
- Novel Application of Nanoferromagnetic Particles for Optically Active Coatings.
- Design of a New Nanoparticle Odor Blocking Technology.
Dr. Doug Corrigan credentials. Dr. Doug Corrigan bio. Doug Corrigan Bio. Doug Corrigan credentials. Doug Corrigan Super Solver. Doug Corrigan Biochemistry. Doug Corrigan Molecular Biology. Doug Corrigan Oak Ridge National Lab. Doug Corrigan NASA. Dr. Doug Corrigan school. Dr. Doug Corrigan background.